Saturday, January 5, 2013

Moving On Up

I'm in my new room in a new house and it's been quite the weekend! A ten hour drive plus moving and cleaning and shopping and decorating (and then for my parents, ten hours back to Georgia).

Speaking of my parents, they are the best parents, because in a matter of a couple days they helped me turn a tiny apartment in a group house with asylum-white walls into a place that's pretty cozy. Last night, we drank wine and went to Target. Your parents are not this cool.

I'm also excited that I HAVE A KITCHEN. However, we opened the refrigerator door and found an entire functioning ecosystem, because that's what happens when people leave for winter break and don't throw out their leftovers. I think we found several new species living in there. And then we killed them. And now the fridge is sparkling clean (you lose, new species). Also in the fridge was a "linen fresh" air freshener because I guess one of the housemates likes her food to smell like sheets...? Moved that by the laundry room so now our sheets will smell like sheets.

As for the rest of the place, we put pine-sol on EVERYTHING so now all my stuff smells like a forest. It's like camping minus camping, which is the best kind of camping (namely, not camping).

Can't wait to see everyone back from the holidays (sorry if I still smell like your Christmas tree then). In the meantime - here's what my phone saw this weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment