Sunday, February 10, 2013

Things that make me happy

Last week was one of the harder ones. Cold and gray and more stressful than it should have been. I came home on Friday and slept until Saturday afternoon. I had the weekend for fun and errands and rest and cooking - and tomorrow starts the whole mess over again. It should be easier this time around - a little warmer, a little brighter, a little more relaxed. But in the meantime, here are 5 things that got me through the last seven days:

- bright red lipstick, to make myself look alive when I don't feel like it (fake it till you make it?)
- 30 Rock, because Liz Lemon is my idol...and she's getting her own Ben & Jerry's flavor, and it sounds delish
- Van Gogh, because I went to the Met and now there's a poster of the wheat fields on my wall
- blue nail polish, to look office-appropriate without looking boring
- sparkling water, which is my new addiction and I give into it constantly because it's just water so why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment