Monday, April 8, 2013

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

When someone asks me if I'm a student - and I explain the situation (no, I didn't drop out of college) - they usually respond with something like this:  "Oh, you graduated early? I could have done that. I had enough credit, but I decided to blah blah blah another language blah blah blah minor in blah blah another trip abroad blah blah I'm better than you."  I am not making this up. A lot of people say this to me.

I have no idea how to react to that.  It's just not something I've ever felt the need to say to another human.  "Oh, you went skydiving? I could have done that. If I was pushed out of a plane." "Oh, you drank SO much Burnett's last night? I could have done that, but I chose not to because I have more than eleven brain cells, and would like to keep them around, thanks."

So the next time somebody says they COULD have graduated in three years - my response will be -

*ahem*

"Yeah. BUT YOU DIDN'T."




No comments:

Post a Comment