Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Words to Live By

Sometimes it feels kind of selfish to say "I want to travel."  Because going on trips that take time and energy and money - all to go somewhere to look at things that are different from the things you look at at home - well, what good does that do anyone besides myself?  I do want to travel in a way that betters the world.  But how do I do that without falling into the "American Imperialism" trap?  

So...when I found this verse...in which God issues a command to "look among the nations" and be amazed...I was pretty excited.  Because based on this, travel is something that God wants us to do.  As an SFS kid at a Jesuit school...you would think that this would have "clicked" for me sooner.  Well, it clicked now!  So here it is in pink and green (because, of course).



No comments:

Post a Comment