Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bagel Bites Guy

At a party...

This guy is like "come play flip cup with us!"

And I'm all "sorry, can't" dodge dodge dodge the gluten

And he's like "Naw, come on!!!!"

And I'm like nope nope nope "Sorry, I can't, it's the beer."

"You...you can't drink beer?"

"Yeah, I have the gluten thing, I got some wine though, I'm set." I smiled and tilted my solo cup so he could see.  
His whole face drops.
He stands square in front of me.

He's quieter now: "The gluten thing...does that mean you can NEVER eat BAGEL BITES?!?!"

I probably wouldn't go within ten feet of a Bagel Bite even if I wasn't gluten free - but to him - a life without bagel bites was no life at all.

I nodded. "It's true. I can never eat a bagel bite.  But I can have rice and potatoes and corn and all this other stuff so it's okay." Seriously we don't even know each others' names, I appreciate your concern but I also appreciate the fact that you want to play some flip cup, so get thyself to the table! Really, I'm fine.

"But you can't have BAGEL BITES?!?!"
"Ummm...nope."

"Oh wow." He clasped his hands over his mouth. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay! I appreciate it but it's not bad, really." Really.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment